Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Showered with Love...

Last week, on Sunday, June 28, I had my baby shower. My mom hosted the event, and my mother-in-law contributed as well. We had it a local steakhouse that is very popular for special events such as this one. We actually had one of my bridal showers there almost exactly four years prior to celebrating this next exciting step in our lives together. Here is a look back at the beautiful day we were blessed with.


A little look at the invitations we selected and the matching 'bring a book' insert. We ordered these invites from an Etsy shop. I was so happy with how they turned out! 

 Because we are naming our baby boy Mason, we decided it would be fun to go with a mason jar theme for the shower, in baby blue of course. Once my mom and I decided on the invitations, we used those as our inspiration for the rest of the shower. We went for a rustic chic look using mason jars and natural burlap in variations of blue, tan, and white. 

My mom and I made the centerpieces using large mason jars. I wrapped the jar in a lace trimmed burlap ribbon, added the decorative paper flower and pearl center to each one and wrapped twine around the rim of the jar and tied it off with a bow. My mom did the flower arranging using blue sprayed mums and babies breath. My favorite part was that you could still see the word MASON printed across the bottom portion of each jar!




The favors for the guests were at each place setting and were a decorated cookie in the shape of a onesie with the baby's name written across them. These were seriously just a delicious as they were adorable! (We also placed a tan heart shaped sticker with a number under each cookie for a quick and easy game. We just drew numbers as we opened gifts, and the person who's number we called won a little gift themselves.) 



On one end of the room, we set up a sweet table with the cake, as well as cake balls that my friend Kelly offered to make. On the table was a chalkboard sign I made that said 'we're expecting a sweet life with Mason' (because it wouldn't be an event that I was involved in without a chalkboard sign!) We added a little more decor with tissue paper poms and placed a baby photo of both me and Greg on each side of the table. I loved that we were both sticking out our little tongues in our pictures and I can't get over how cute Greg's picture is and how much he still resembles it! I can't wait to see who Mason comes out looking more like! 






On the opposite end was the gift table. We had a banner with baby's name, Mason Gregory, going across the middle and a basket with the 'game' prizes inside. The lucky winners received their choice of a Bath & Body Works body cream or hand soap (all in blue!) We also did a 'guess how many' game with a decorated mason jar full of Hershey's kisses. The winner took home the jar as well as a Bath & Body Works 3 wick candle. I was shocked at how fast the gift table overflowed as all of our wonderful guests arrived. 


 
     I wish I would have gotten a picture of the meal because it was divine. Each guest enjoyed a first course of bread & salad and then had their choice of entree (either Butt Steak, Boston Baked Scrod, or Chicken Piccante) with the most delicious baked potato and seasonal vegetables. Dessert was cake (white with lemon filling...my ultimate fave) served with vanilla ice cream. Everyone also received a homemade cake ball. I enjoyed the time being surrounded in love and great conversation with our closest family members and friends.
Me and my best friend & the hostess with the mostest, my momma.

Greg joined me to open all the gifts which everyone literally just showered us with. We received so many beautiful things. We had plenty of laughs with some funny gifts for Greg, including his daddy diaper duty tool belt and survival kit. And also a few tears as I received some very touching gifts from my grandmother, who is soon to become a great-grandmother for the first time! In her gift she included an old mason jar that she found in my Grandpa's office and filled it with pennies from his change jar. She said they were his pennies from heaven. (The jar is now proudly displayed in Mason's room). In addition she and my aunt passed down a beautiful heirloom blanket that my dad and all five of his siblings were baptized in and a hand crocheted sweater that a few of my cousins (the grandchildren) were baptized in. Everyone put so much thought into their gifts for Mason, all the way down to the cards and wrapping.


I cannot express how touched Greg and I were with everyone's love and generosity and how completely blessed we feel. We're so appreciative to my mom for putting so much thought and hard work into creating such a beautiful day for us and to all our loved ones for sharing in the day with us. We already know Mason is one of the luckiest little boys in the world to have so many people who love him so big.





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!