Tuesday, May 19, 2015

24 Weeks

How far along? 24 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: between 13-14 pounds up. Normal weight gain around this time is .5 to 1 pound a week, and I seem to be hanging out right in that range.
Maternity clothes? Still wearing both, although I realized that I never did wear my regular jeans this week (I'll have to check and see if they still fit!) And as far as all my regular sized tops, the stretchy ones are starting to get almost too short and the looser fitting ones are finally starting to get almost too tight in the tummy. So I would say it's going to be strictly maternity wear by the time I hit the third trimester. This week, I went to Motherhood and picked up three more of those maternity v-necks like the black one I got from Buy Buy Baby. Those things are my absolute favorite!
Stretch marks? No new ones, but I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase the Mustela Intensive Action Stretch Mark Cream. This will hopefully help to minimize the appearance of the old ones that are showing through and prevent any new ones from popping up!
Sleep: Another thing I FINALLY decided to bite the bullet on. I woke up yesterday and my back was just killing me...so bad that it hurt to breath. So I decided that first my first stop of the day (after Starbucks) would be to Babies R Us for that $60 Snoogle Total Body Pillow. And I ended up getting A GREAT DEAL! I remembered I had a 20% off coupon from Buy Buy Baby (Babies R Us accepts these). So that took it down to $48. I then piled my $25 in Babies R Us reward dollars on top of that. So I only ended up paying $25 (with tax) for the pillow! I can't begin to explain how happy this made me! (And I slept and woke up much better because of it.)
Best moment this week: Scoring some super awesome deals this week at Motherhood, Babies R Us and Home Goods ($5 changing pad cover....holla)
Miss Anything? Not really 
Movement: Yup! Last night, I laid on the couch watching my belly twitch as Mason kicked away in there. He is clearly getting stronger & stronger! (I've never seen it do this before...so amazingly bizarre) 
Food cravings: Apparently anything unhealthy I lay my eyes on. Ugh. Still the sweets especially. I should really just completely avoid the whole bakery section of the grocery store...and the ice cream aisle...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Nope, but I did very clearly feel a Braxton Hicks contraction this morning. Pretty sure I have had a few in the past couple weeks. But today's was much more obvious. 
Symptoms: Had some more round ligament pain going on this week. And a killer backache. I am almost positive that kneeling in church on Sundays is causing these intense back aches, because I am only getting them late Sunday/early Monday and then they dissipate and I'm fine the rest of the week. 
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Childbirth prep classes starting & moving into the third trimester really soon...wait...WHAT?!?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!