Monday, March 30, 2015

17 Weeks {Baby Kazak is a He!}

It's official! We found out Thursday, March 26 that we are having a baby BOY! More importantly, we have a perfectly healthy baby boy. My panorama test came back as low-risk for everything. I can't believe how over-the-moon happy, excited & relieved I feel! I love knowing more about this little person growing inside me. Even though I originally thought it was a girl, I started to have a hunch that it might be a boy in the past few weeks. I always kind of figured we would end up with some boys because boys run so strongly in Greg's family. Girls run on my side of the family...so this is an exciting/whole new world for us! I am so excited that I can finally start buying for my little man...bring on the baby blue!

How far along? 17 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: up 6-7 pounds
Maternity clothes? I can still fit in most of my regular clothes, but I am starting to mix in more maternity here and there (mostly because it's more comfortable!) I found some really great maternity pieces at Buy Buy Baby this past Saturday. Because my boobs suddenly decided to grow about a cup, I was in desperate need of a new bra. I found this amazingly comfy Motherhood maternity/nursing bra that I am now living in. I will be going back for more (because it was also only $25!) I also bought a pair of black maternity leggings. WTH have I been missing! And why did no one tell me?! (Will also be going back for more of those). I got a nice fitting black maternity V-neck t-shirt that looks amazingly non-maternity (aaandd I will probably be going back for the other colors of that as well.) Finally, I got a really good fitting pair of maternity capris (the band actually stays up). So now if the weather in the Midwest would just cooperate, I can start wearing those all the time too.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well, but it's starting to get a little more uncomfortable. I think this is mostly because I am now trying to sleep mostly on my left side (recommended while pregnant to provide the best blood flow to baby and more). But I always sleep on my right side, or back at times.
Best moment this week: First and foremost, finding out on Thursday that we are having a BOY! Next, going shopping all day Friday with my mom for baby boy. I can finally start purchasing! And finally, ordering the furniture for the nursery on Sunday with Greg. We've been busy this week starting to get ready for our little man. It's all finally starting to get real!
Miss Anything? not really.
Movement: Still waiting to feel a more obvious kick!
Food cravings: Tuna, sweets, & mac and cheese. I have also completely forgot to discuss my new found love for lemonade. (It's amazing the yummy drinks you can find on a restaurant menu when you're limited to the non-alcoholic section). I've become obsessed with those fancy restaurant lemonades, but also found the Simply Lemonade with Raspberries from the grocery store to be a perfect, at-home fix!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, but the heartburn started this week. Booooo. Cue the tums.
Gender: It's A Boy!
Labor Signs: no
Symptoms: bigger bump & boobs, plus some heartburn here & there 
Belly Button in or out? In, although I should probably mention that my belly button is seriously like a cave. It's so weird. I would be shocked if it ever actually popped out.
Wedding rings on or off? On...getting a little tight at times.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Over-the-moon!
Looking forward to: Starting to work on the nursery!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!