Tuesday, February 24, 2015

First Baby Buys

This week, I just wanted to share some of the very few and very first items that Greg and I have purchased for the baby, or have been gifted for the baby throughout this first trimester. It's kind of hard during this time, because as tempting as it is to go baby buying crazy...we knew we should really wait. We were almost superstitious about buying stuff too early that we would jinx ourselves and something would happen. Also, we were torn because we know we plan to find out the gender, and want to wait to get a lot of items that are gender specific. Still, it was impossible for me to resist picking up a few things here and there. We are just too excited, and so are our family members! So here are a few of the gender neutral things we've gotten for baby so far!

This was the very first item Greg and I picked out for the baby. One day, I insisted on us going to peruse Buy Buy Baby, just to see what they had, and to buy just one thing for the baby. We ended up finding this cloud b. Nighty Night Owl and decided it was the perfect pick. Look at that sweet face! It's just too cute, and will look perfect with the co-sleeper we have picked out for our room. It makes a variety of sounds to soothe baby to sleep. Greg and I also really believe that this baby is somehow connected to the passing of my grandfather. We believe when one life is lost, one is gained...and we know if he could have any pull up there, this would be what he wanted. And there is a story behind why owls remind me of my grandpa.

Next, while my mom, sister, and I were out having a girls day, we were looking around Barnes & Nobel and I found this My Pregnancy Journal with Sophie la Giraffe (and died a little inside of cuteness overload.) I just love Sophie the Giraffe and I knew she would be a must-have item on my baby registry. This is honestly the nicest pregnancy journal I have come across. I love how it's organized. I would have purchased it myself, but my mom decided she wanted to get it for me (my parents are always beyond generous to us!) I've been afraid to write in it because I don't want to ruin a page! It's just so adorable! But I am looking forward to filling up the pages for all of us to look back on in the years to come. If you are pregnant and interested in keeping a pregnancy journal...I highly recommend this one!

Next, I bought this Koala Baby Organic Knit Blanket from Babies R Us. My mom actually found it while she was digging through the clearance section, and I decided I had to have it. It's just a really beautifully done blanket, and looks like it could be handmade. It's very soft and cozy, and I thought the ecru/tan color was really pretty as well, (and matched with that cloud b. owl we had already purchased.) I will probably use this as a stroller blanket. If you are looking to buy for baby, don't miss the clearance section at your local Babies R Us. And make sure you dig in there! My mom and I have found so many gems in that section!



Greg and I saw this JJ Cole Bundle Me Hat on that very first shopping trip to Buy Buy Baby, and almost bought it then. We decided on the Nighty Night Owl instead that day, but we both still liked this cute little hat. We ended up randomly finding it at Marshall's one day on a rack with a clearance sticker on it for $4 (it is originally $10 at Buy Buy Baby.) So of course, we picked it up that day! We got the newborn to 6 month size, because that's what they had...but baby will be about 3-6 months next winter, so that should work out perfectly! We will likely be registering for one of those JJ Cole Bundle Me Car Seat covers too, so that will match nicely!


On Valentine's Day, my Aunt Cheryl asked if she could swing by with a little Valentine's gift she and my uncle had picked out for us. I figured it was going to be something cute for the baby, but I was of course beyond THRILLED when I opened it up to find that she had gotten us the Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether. I mean, I know everyone has seen this thing by now, but is it not the cutest thing you have ever seen!! Not only that, but I have heard wonderful things about this product. I'm so excited that we now have her! I can't get enough Sophie...I'm going to register for one of her little friends too! Lazare the Cat anyone?!


She also paired the gift with this Sophie Peekaboo ABC hardback book. She and my uncle could not have done better choosing a first gift for baby. It was like they knew the obsession had already begun! We so appreciated their generosity and thoughtfulness of our new little Valentine this year. I'm sure we will end up with quite the collection of Sophie books too! 





My mom also got a little Valentine's present for us. She gifted us the My Baby Album with Sophie la Giraffe. It is just like the pregnancy journal, but this one is for baby's first year and more. And of course, it's just as cute! And my mom is too kind. I love that we now have the matching set. We will cherish these sweet little books forever.

That's everything we've gotten so far! Lots of Sophie and lots of sweetness!








No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!