Thursday, March 19, 2015

27 Things About Me



Since I have pretty much only talked about pregnancy and baby stuff since I started this blog, I figured I would dedicate one post to letting you know a little more about me. I decided on 27 things, since I'm 27...and that sounded like an amount of things I could come up with! So here we go...

1. My mom is my best friend and the person I spend most of my time with (besides my husband of course). We have a serious Lorelei and Rory kind of thing going on, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

2. My father’s side is Croatian and my entire family is very into preserving our heritage. I grew up learning to play, sing and dance Croatian songs and kolos, and I fully intend to continue these traditions on with my children. Zivio! 

3. I have a younger sister named Rachel. We are 6 years apart, which puts her in college, and I miss her desperately. It always feels like there is a piece of our puzzle missing while she is away. 

4. Growing up, I lived in two homes that my dad built for us. I had never lived in a house that anyone else lived in until I moved into Greg’s.  

5. I coached/taught gymnastics and tumbling as my job in high school and for the past few years before I opened up my Etsy shop and made that my job…and I can’t even do a cartwheel. 

6. I earned my Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Augustana College. Turns out, I never really wanted to be a teacher. 

7. I also earned a minor in Music in college. I’ve played piano for about 17 years now and took voice lessons for about 6, but I really don't like to play or sing in front of people. I really do love music though.

8. To sum up my strengths/interests and weaknesses/dislikes in the form of Trivia Crack…I am strangely good at entertainment, art and geography. I know nothing about and have no interest in sports, history or science. 

9. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day 

10. I love coffee and tea and the whole act of it. It’s my happy time. My favorites are Starbucks Iced Chai Tea Latte and any iced coffee. (I finally just recently figured out how to make my own iced coffee at home…and it’s changed my world.)

11. Besides my morning cuppa, one of the best feelings in the world (in my opinion) is sitting outside on a warm night, with a cold drink and enjoying the company of people you love. 

12. My favorite show is (was) Gilmore Girls. It’s rare for me to go a day without flipping on an episode, even if it’s just as background noise. I am also obsessed with the Bachelor/Bachelorette & Parenthood. 

13. I have a weird obsession with British culture. I only brew PG Tips or popular British tea brands. Our Sunday nights often include a traditional Sunday roast or other typically British dinner (toad-in-the-hole anyone?) I love the Royal Family, as well as a lot of the pop culture in the UK, including their bands (One Direction), singers (Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Ellie Goulding) and YouTubes (Zoella, the SacconeJolys). And of course…the accent. I secretly wish I could raise my children to speak in a British accent and call me ‘mum’. I’ve never been to the UK btw…

14. Southern California holds a special place in my heart. It’s the only vacation I’m ever truly interested in taking, and I always cry when I have to leave. Laguna Beach, CA is always calling my name.

15. Fall is my most favorite of all the seasons. I love Halloween, and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Until Christmas rolls around…and then Christmas is my favorite holiday. 

16. The colors of Fall are my favorite colors. I love camel/cognac, burnt orange, burgundy, eggplant, gray (insert heart-eyed emoji here)

17. I am a list maker. I like lists…ask my husband. 

18. I can’t sleep until I’ve gone through the house and made sure everything is back in its place at the end of the day. Then I lose sleep thinking of all the things I need to accomplish the next day, and counting how many hours I have left to sleep. 

19. I have a serious problem with everything having to be matching. I'm pretty positive this trait stems from my mother and her obsession with dressing my sister and me alike as children (even though we were 6 years apart!) 

20. I have a love/hate relationship with cleaning. I always hate the thought of having to do it, but then I get in some crazy cleaning lady mode and love it. Nothing feels better than a freshly cleaned home, or sleeping in freshly washed bed sheets. 

21. I am a major procrastinator, but also one of the most organized, anal people you will ever meet. 

22. I’ve never broken a bone or been in the hospital (for myself)…probably because I am a seriously overly safe/cautious person. I was never even stung by a bee until this past summer.

23. I suffered pretty badly from anxiety for several years during my 20s, to the point where I did not even drive for about half a year. I am beyond thankful that I finally learned to overcome it, and without any medication. Through this I also learned that my husband is my rock, the most patient man in the universe, and that he truly meant it when he vowed to love me in good times and in bad.
  
24. I am an optimist and can usually always see the positive in every situation. 

25. Because of this, one of my biggest pet peeves is people who are pessimistic or tend to assume the worst in every situation.

26. I switch back and forth all the time between wanting to have a huge family (like a whole slew of kids) and being terrified of having more than 2.

27. From a young age, I always knew I really only wanted to be 2 things in life…a wife and a mother. I feel so blessed that in just a few short months, I will officially be both.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!