Monday, June 8, 2015

27 Weeks

How far along? 27 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: officially up 17 pounds at my last appointment on Friday. And for whatever reason, those extra 2 pounds shocked me. (Apparently I thought I would hit the 15 pound mark and stop!) Wishful thinking Emily...
Maternity clothes? My favorite pair of regular AE jeans are officially out of commission. Greg had to inform me on Friday night that I am officially too pregnant for them. Just kidding...I knew myself. It had been a while since I tried to use the rubber band trick, and the zipper officially will not zip AT ALL.
Stretch marks? I mean...not really. I have my old ones, and possibly a few very light new ones. But so far so good. I've been pleasantly surprised.
Sleep: Sleep is good! As long as I get enough of it...I'm not complaining!
Best moment this week: Hearing my very active baby boy's heartbeat at my appointment. It's always so awesome and such a relief to hear it!
Miss Anything? my favorite AE jeans haha
Movement: Yep. Even caught it on video this morning.  
Food cravings: Who knows any more. It's a surprise every day. Apparently I am craving meat AND sweets. I don't even know how much I believe in pregnancy cravings. It's just more like whatever sounds good to me that day...which oftentimes happens to be a burger with bacon on it, fruit & cake.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Gender: It's A Boy! (Mason) 
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: I've been quite emotional this past week (helloooo third trimester). Anyone who knows me knows I don't tend to be a very emotional person. I rarely ever cry. But this week has been a different story. (I cried this morning watching a family's YouTube vlog of their daughter's first dance recital. I don't know these people...but I went ahead and cried right along with them while they watched her on stage for the first time...baha) 
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Wednesday morning to be over with. Here's why...

Update on my 1 hr glucose screening: I didn't pass. I failed BY 2 POINTS. And I am completed gutted about it. The test itself was totally fine. I cannot tell you how worked up I was worrying that this drink was going to make me throw up, pass out...who knows. But it tasted delicious, just like Gatorade (I got the fruit punch flavor) and I felt perfectly fine after drinking it. But when it came down to numbers, a 135 or below was fine...and my reading was 137. So now I have to go to the hospital sometime this week (I am going Wednesday morning) to take the 3 hour test to find out if I have gestational diabetes. My doctor said not to worry about it, and she really didn't believe I would have it because I was so close to passing. But I've just been completely devastated all week about this whole thing. Mostly because, again, I am worried about it making me sick. It is double the dose of the 1 hr test and you have to do it after fasting overnight. AND because I have to sit at the hospital for 3.5 hours while they draw blood from me every hour. (Doesn't exactly sound like a party). Please say a little prayer for me that the test goes smoothly, (that I don't puke) and that I pass with flying colors!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!